Thursday, January 6, 2011

Concierto's Tres

Ugh! I just spent 2 hours on this post and hit publish and it was gone. Sheesh stupid blogs. Anyway attempt #2 condensed. :)

Fall seems to be the time of year that amazing bands coming to visit the ol' Beehive state. Yeah I know fall is old news, but I tend to get behind on my blogging and these were some goodies that couldn't be forgotten.

Eisley
One of my favorite chick band ever and on my list of "top 5 must see's" so I was super excited. It was an awesome concert, super low key and small crowd, but it was great. I love their music and LOVE this girls voice. Yowsers!!

Jamie and Me soaking up some Eisley goodness

The band 3 sisters (vocals, guitar, keys, guitar) Brother on drums and a cousin on bass. Talent much?


Ingrid Michaelson

I saw Ingrid a couple years ago in concert and this one blew that show out of the water. It was ridiculous. She used this looping pedal on one of her songs. It's this lil' device that instantly records and playback what you sing. So she'd sing/record a little "doo doo dooooo doo doo" and it would start playing it after she sang it. So she had a vocal accompaniment, then she'd sing another "deeeduumm deeeeedaaah" or whatever and it'd layer her vocal. She did like 12 layers of her voice. I'd never seen this done before, it was incredible! It's on youtube Ingrid Michealson she covers R.E.M's song Nightswimming. Worth a looksie.

From L to R Bess Rogers, Ingrid Michaelson, Allie Moss. All awesome singer/songwriters.


Girls Night! Alisa, Me, Katy

The concert started an hour late and we had to ride the front runner home so we were literally running out of the concert on Ingrids last song to make the train haha. To our surprise it had snowed like 3 inches and and coming down bad. The bad thing it was the last train of the night so we had to make it. We were sloshing/running around in this blizzard trying to make it on time. When we got there the machine wouldn't take our cards or cash so we had no choice but to just get on ticket-less. We crossed our fingers and hoped we wouldn't get checked but we did! haha Luckily that good officer just let us buy our tickets when we got off the train. Thank you officer, I hear that's a hefty fine.

Ryan, Krista, Alisa


Neon Trees
I just heard of this band last year. They remind me a little of Panic at the Disco but cleaner. I thought they'd be fun to see in concert and they were.

Jen, Mike, Me, Jamie, Joel, Jarad

This guy was nuts he broke into a dance like a boy band member a couple times. haha

"I love you Salt Lake City!" hehe

I love music I could go to a concert a week, they're one of my fav things to do. Now if only Counting Crows would come. Sheesh! How long must a girl wait?

6 comments:

The Reid Family said...

Sorry you lost your first post, I wish I could go to concerts all the time too, they are so fun!! Lets go to Backstreet and New Kids what do you say?!!!

Jones Family said...

Ive seen Counting Crows thank you very much!! That all looks awesome and right up my ally, love it!

Kellee Cachoo said...

haha did you see BSB on Oprah the other day? My sister recorded it, Nick was lookin' pretty fly for a white guy. We really should for old time sake. That'd be hilar. Remember when Janae met them? hahaha!!! I loved Ing
I know you have Code you dirty little scoundral! hehe jk I will on day see them in concert. Hopefully you'll both be with me.

Derk and Ashley said...

Look at you concerting it up! I've only been to 2 in my day. Jessica Simpson and Rascal Flatts. Im a loser, I know! Looks like you had so much fun and yes, my dad told me when you came to their ward to sing! I wish I would have known and could have been there. Let me know next time you make another appearance. Maybe I could sign you up to sing in my ward! yay!

Michelle said...

Why hello!!!! I lovest your blog!!!! and btw I am jealous you got to go to Eisley!!!!

Kellee Cachoo said...

I'm totally making you come to a concert with me this year Ash. hehe Unless you're not a big fan of them of course.. :)
Mich, you like thee Eis? It was a small crowd I wanted to go bring people in off the street. haha But it was a grand time none the less.